Thanks so much for stopping by.
I am thrilled to report that I shot an episode of LAW & ORDER: SVU !! I worked with the amazing director, Adam Bernstein. He ran a fun and efficient set. I am grateful to my new agent, U-Shin Kim at UGA Talent for arranging the audition. I will keep you posted about the date it will air.
RANDOM ACTS NEWS
I am almost ready to launch my new website for RANDOM ACTS! I have some exciting new footage and new content to share. You will be the first to find out about it. Get the RANDOM ACTS PLAY! Available here: Indie Theatre Now
On another note, my episode of THE BLACKLIST is on demand on NBC (S3 Ep 10 "THE DIRECTOR"). !! I worked with the amazing Christine Lahti (Laurel Hitchin) and Diego Klattenhoff (Donald Ressler), In addition, my episode of DEADBEAT on HULU is up and running. Look for "Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun" (S2 Ep3). I play Cynthia Gibney, a mother consulting a Medium, played by Cat Deeley. She and Tyler Labine, the other lead, are hilarious. What a pleasure it was to work with this exceptional cast and crew.
Thanks again for stopping by!
PS Be sure to check out more on my blog. Please visit my new FaceBook page and connect with me on Twitter @renatahinrichs Be the first to get the special invitations and join my mailing list!
Look for the release of the short film, A MOMENT. Coming soon.
I am so grateful to have had the preview performances of Random Acts back in June at the TBG Studio Theater. The experience was exhilarating, informative and extremely fulfilling. It was so exciting to try new material and discover things about the piece that can only happen when it is shared with an audience. I am so grateful to all who could attend--the feedback and insights shared at the talk-back each night were invaluable. Working with Camille Saviola, as director, LaShawn Keyser, stage manager and Rick Hinkson, assistant director was a joy. The last night was especially wonderful because my dad decided to surprise me for Father’s Day by coming to the show. It was amazing to have him there.
I also want to thank everyone who contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign or made donations through The Field or The Barrow Group. I am so grateful for your support of this project and giving me the opportunity to share it with a wider audience.
Writing and performing my own work has been the most challenging and rewarding experience I have had as an artist. There is a message in this piece that is bigger than me. As a writer/performer, I love exploring the complexities of the human condition and shining a light on some of the darker sides of our human behavior. If we can understand each other and feel what it’s like to stand in someone else’s shoes, we can find compassion for ourselves and others.
- I am also happy to report that Trailer Cash 2013 was a huge success. The lovely and talented Irene Walsh won the cash prize of $2500 for her film, Lapa: The Heart of Samba. Congrats Irene!
- I had the great pleasure of doing a staged reading of T.D. Mitchell's new play, QUEENS FOR A YEAR, (She's the creator of Army Wives) about rape in the Marines. A compelling and moving piece. It was wonderful to work with the amazing Jill Eikenberry.
- I did a reading of Bill C. Davis' new play, HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNTS (He wrote MASS APPEAL on Bdway) playing opposite Jill Eikenberry (once again) of LA LAW. Roger H. Simon is directed.
- I performed in a new play by Richard Manley called, THANK EMILY, in the 18th Annual 15 Minute Play Festival. My scene partner, the lovely, Linda Nelson, won the Best Actress Award. CONGRATS Linda!
- Recently finished a successful run of a dark romantic comedy, Animals Out of Paper by Rajiv Joseph (Finalst for the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and 2009 Whiting Award Winner) at the fabulous Boise Contemporary Theater. Directed by Maureen Towey. Cast included: Nat DeWolf and Debargo Sanyal.
- Elephant Dreams (multiple roles: Ms. Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, Showgirl), a new dance/theatre adaptation of The Elephant Man set in 1950's New York, directed and choreographed by Edisa Weeks (Delirious Dances) at the Joyce SOHO.
"Notably, the scene between Merrick and the Marilyn Monroe played by Hinrichs, where she disrobes for him, shedding her wig and blouse, is performance at its finest."
- Performed lead role of Kat in a web series/pilot, Flux, a comedy that looks at the life of a mature, newly single mother of two in the age of computer dating.
- Supporting role of Julia in an independent short film, Everything is Ordinary, a study of what happens to a family around the death of the father. Written and directed by Noelle Brower.
- Worked with Suzanne Bradbeer on a new play, Match in development with the FAB WOMEN OF THE BARROW GROUP
- Lead role in Man in the Basement, written by Arlene Hutton (Short Stuff Five Plays by Woman, The Barrow Group)
Thanks so much for visiting - come back often or even better - join my mailing list!